Controller – Louisville, KY
Reports to: President and CEO
Location: Louisville, KY
GlowTouch Technologies, is a U.S. based boutique provider of customer experience solutions. We offer mid-market and enterprise companies solutions for customer and technical support, NOC management, AppDev, and engineering. We are headquartered in Louisville, KY, with a strong presence in Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, and a development center in Mangalore, India.
This exciting “hands-on” opportunity requires not only an expertise in accounting and finance but also strong organizational skills. This position will have a direct impact on providing up-to-date reporting used by the executive team to make important business decisions. You will collaborate across disciplinary lines, between the US and India.
The Controller is responsible for all accounting and financial activities of the Company, including preparing reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and cash flow; based on past, present and expected operations.
- Reporting—Responsible for preparation of financial statements under US GAAP reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Preparation and reporting of monthly profit and loss account, operating cash flow, balance sheet, variance analysis of budget vs. actual with reasons, and other MIS requirement, in consultation with management
- Analysis—Conduct in-depth financial analysis to explain trends or variations from expectations and identify opportunities and risks
- Banking and Treasury—Work closely with local bankers for meeting day-to-day banking requirements, authorizations, and deployment of funds
- Reconcile—Balance Sheet and bank accounts
- Taxation—Work closely with tax consultants to provide information and comply with corporate and indirect tax laws
- Employee expenses—Manage expense tracking, approval, and reimbursement process
- Audit—Responsible to get financial statements audited from external auditors, on an as needed basis
- Other—AR, AP, payroll functions and other tasks as required
- 2 to 4 years’ experience as a Finance Lead or Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or corporate finance/FPA experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of US tax laws and US GAAP accounting
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to work well within a team concept (some of which will be remote employees) with minimal supervision or direction
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, conscientious and industrious, with the ability to handle changing priorities and tight timeframes
- Experience in mining data and creating reports
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) and QuickBooks
About GlowTouch Technologies
At GlowTouch, we’ve built a culture of humility, selflessness, and accountability. We are growing and we’re looking for driven, energetic and passionate people to join our team. If you’re constantly striving to improve yourself, have a willingness to listen and learn from others- regardless of level, and know how to own your commitments, we’d love to hear from you!
Information About the Company
GlowTouch Technologies is an award-winning technology company that provides custom IT services to businesses around the globe. The company’s diversified portfolio of technology services includes cloud application and software development, mobile development, customer and technical support, system integration and migration, and website development. GlowTouch was recognized on the 2014 Inc. 500|5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies making it a sixth-time honoree.